How your internal medicine doctor in Lakeland, FL, can help you feel like yourself again.
Hormones are an important substance that your body produces. During stages of your life, your hormone levels will fluctuate, often causing dramatic changes. For men, the decrease in testosterone levels can cause a wide variety of unpleasant signs and symptoms.
Dr. Chester Miltenberger at Vanguard Medical Care in Lakeland, FL, provides comprehensive men’s health services, including treatment for low testosterone and hormone replacement therapy. He can help you feel like yourself again.
Let’s look at how low testosterone can affect you. When testosterone levels are low, you may experience:
- Fatigue and decreased energy
- Reduced sex drive
- Difficulty achieving and maintaining an erection
- Decreased bone density and increased fracture risk
- Depressed immune function and more frequent illness
- Loss of muscle tone and decreased skin elasticity
Low testosterone can be effectively treated with hormone replacement therapy, commonly known as HRT. A specific type of hormone replacement therapy, known as bio-identical hormone replacement therapy is an excellent treatment option.
Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy offers many advantages when compared to traditional hormone replacement. Consider that bio-identical hormone replacement therapy:
- Is identical in structure to human hormones
- Has fewer side effects and is well tolerated
- Can be individually dosed to meet your needs
- Has been rigorously tested for safety
When you have balanced testosterone levels, you will enjoy life more. You will experience:
- An increased sex drive
- Boosted energy and stamina
- Improved muscle mass and muscle tone
- Enhanced mood
- Increased motivation and productivity
- A stronger immune system
- Improved memory and ability to concentrate
- Improved skin elasticity and tone
Low testosterone doesn’t have to dramatically affect your life. Relief from unpleasant symptoms is just a phone call away. To find out more about the effects of low testosterone and treatment options, call Dr. Chester Miltenberger of Vanguard Medical Care in Lakeland, FL. You can reach him in the office by calling (863) 686-3633, so call now.